We have a horrible local access television channel here in Mayberry. It has a couple of different cooking shows, a Bible study, an "inspirational" Oprah wannabe, the Car Guys (not the ones from Boston) and interviews with the City's information officer. However, the mainstay are programs from the local performing arts centre.
We have a great arts centre run by a good friend of mine, but it is technically a part of the school system. So, all of the local schools can have their programs there. I've been having insomnia lately so the local talent shows from the various schools have been my late night entertainment.
Well, lo and behold if I didn't get an e-mail from a friend who sings with me in our community choir asking me to be a JUDGE at her middle school's talent show in a couple of weeks. I hesitated, but it wasn't the $50 I'll get paid that tipped the scales in favor of doing it. It was the blog fodder.
We have a great arts centre run by a good friend of mine, but it is technically a part of the school system. So, all of the local schools can have their programs there. I've been having insomnia lately so the local talent shows from the various schools have been my late night entertainment.
Well, lo and behold if I didn't get an e-mail from a friend who sings with me in our community choir asking me to be a JUDGE at her middle school's talent show in a couple of weeks. I hesitated, but it wasn't the $50 I'll get paid that tipped the scales in favor of doing it. It was the blog fodder.
No comments:
Post a Comment